- Activities and accompanying lessons for ages 7 to 17 provide hands-on engagement with concepts such as force, motion, energy, acceleration, velocity, mechanical advantage, aerodynamics, simple machines, engineering skills. Worksheet provided post-visit.
- 3.5 to 4 hours and four to five activity stations depending on group size.
- Up to 65 students at $20 per student and an $800 minimum; no charge for chaperones. Smaller groups can be combined or may reduce number of activities to reduce cost.
- School-year field trips include the Engineering Process Presentation with Victor the Candy Shooting Robot.
- Summer field trips are entirely outdoors, do not include the Engineering Process Presentation, are limited to 50 students and restricted to Tues-Fri between 8:45 and 11:45 a.m. or 1:15 to 4:15 p.m.
- Groups of 10 to 15 students rotate through activity stations that include the Ballista, G-Force, SPINtron, and a rocket making station.
- Bring a sack lunch. Lunchtime is built into the rotation schedule for school-year groups. Our dining area includes a fridge, freezer, microwave and toaster oven,x water fountains, drinks and snacks for sale, and a gift shop.
- While we offer field trips year-round, spring and fall trips increase the likelihood of enjoying our outdoor activities.
- Students (and chaperones) should wear indoor/outdoor clothes. The shop requires closed toed shoes and long hair and loose clothing to be tied back.